[CentOS] Weird bug in 389 Directory Server : no spaces in admin console (CentOS 7)

Sun Apr 26 13:41:39 UTC 2020
Greg Bailey <gbailey at lxpro.com>

Hi Niki,

Not familiar with 389-ds, but I'm curious if the admin console where the
spaces are missing is a Java application.  If so, I encountered similar
problems to an unrelated application I use (an older version of
Moneydance) when there was an upgrade to OpenJDK.

If I use:
java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.222.b10-1.el7_7.x86_64.rpm (and devel,
headless, etc.), the fonts render correctly.

Anything after that has words run together, so I'm doing "yum
--exclude=java* upgrade" (I still haven't added an exclude for it).
There were promising looking bugzilla entries for it, but it still looks
broken if I upgrade.

-Greg