[CentOS] Weird bug in 389 Directory Server : no spaces in admin console (CentOS 7)

Sun Apr 26 15:25:17 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 26/04/2020 à 15:41, Greg Bailey a écrit :
> Not familiar with 389-ds, but I'm curious if the admin console where the spaces
> are missing is a Java application.  If so, I encountered similar problems to an
> unrelated application I use (an older version of Moneydance) when there was an
> upgrade to OpenJDK.
>
> If I use:
> java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.222.b10-1.el7_7.x86_64.rpm (and devel, headless,
> etc.), the fonts render correctly.
>
> Anything after that has words run together, so I'm doing "yum --exclude=java*
> upgrade" (I still haven't added an exclude for it).  There were promising
> looking bugzilla entries for it, but it still looks broken if I upgrade.

Thanks for your response. I can confirm that this is indeed a Java problem.

I followed your suggestion and downgroaded java-1.8.0-openjdk to
version1.8.0.222.b10, and fonts rendered correctly.

Now I wonder what would be the sanest way to solve this. As it looks, it's
downgrading as described and then put this in /etc/yum.conf:

exclude=java-1.8.0-openjdk*

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat