[CentOS] Weird bug in 389 Directory Server : no spaces in admin console (CentOS 7)

Sun Apr 26 22:03:27 UTC 2020

On Apr 26, 2020, at 11:25, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Thanks for your response. I can confirm that this is indeed a Java problem.
>
> I followed your suggestion and downgroaded java-1.8.0-openjdk to
> version1.8.0.222.b10, and fonts rendered correctly.

I wonder if the latest OpenJDK got some of the freetype changes that happened in java 11?  Can you set the environment variable:
FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35"

... and try again?

(Btw terrible font rendering library changes happened upstream with gnome too, be thankful CentOS won’t see it In C8 for a while)

--
Jonathan Billings