[CentOS] systemctl restart changes permission.

Thu Apr 30 05:00:11 UTC 2020
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

On 4/29/2020 9:06 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> I am running CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core)
> with php72u-fpm-7.2.30-1.el7.ius.x86_64 version. I am facing the below
> permission denied issue. I also did the below steps
> #cd /run
> #chown -Rc nginx.nginx php-fpm
> changed ownership of ‘php-fpm/php-fpm.pid’ from root:root to nginx:nginx
> changed ownership of ‘php-fpm’ from root:root to nginx:nginx
> #systemctl restart php-fpm again changes it from nginx.nginx to root.root
> user.

/run is a tmpfs that gets recreated on every boot. Your permission
changes won't persist a reboot. See here:

https://lwn.net/Articles/436012/

You could instead drop a systemd unit file customization file into
/etc/systemd that changes the user that php-fpm runs as.

https://www.certdepot.net/rhel-7-systemd-unit-file-customization/