[CentOS] Centos 7 shim fix failed

Wed Aug 5 10:05:21 UTC 2020
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 05/08/2020 10:40, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Is there some way we could get the initrd rebuild to be more verbose, so
> that it doesn't appear to hang? It would be nice to get feedback that
> something is happening, especially on an older, slower system that takes
> a long time for this step.

Not without hacking the underlying scripts that call dracut to increase
the verbosity. You can run yum at a more verbose debug level, but it's
not going to give you information on the state of individual rpm
scriptlets. You could monitor the process in top where you should be
able to see that it's still working. You can also monitor
/var/log/messages where dracut activity is logged.