[CentOS] CentOS7 page-ranges printer option seems ignored

Mon Aug 24 18:28:08 UTC 2020
Josh <iptvhub75 at gmail.com>

A follow up on https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2020-July/351009.html
In addition to page size problems I just found out that page-ranges
option is ignored.
To reproduce I created a two page PDF file and printed it like
   lp -d printer_name -o page-ranges=1 twopage.pdf
Two local printers, HP and Canon output two pages.
Printers were configured using CUPS UI by selecting the appropriate
USB printer, then manufacturer and then PPD from a list of models.
If I move printers to a Fedora 32 system they print correctly.
Upgrading CentOS7 CUPS server from 1.6.3 to latest 2.3.3 had no effect.
I wonder what else needs to be updated to resolve this problem.

Thank you.
--
Josh