[CentOS] Mock config error

Tue Aug 25 18:54:03 UTC 2020
me at tdiehl.org <me at tdiehl.org>

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020, Peter wrote:

> On 25/08/20 11:27 am, Jonathan Billings wrote:
>>  On Aug 24, 2020, at 16:48, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
>>>
>>>  Also, I am trying to add a dist tag to rpms that I build in mock.
>>>  In the epel-7 configs I do something like the following:
>>>  config_opts['macros']['%dist'] = '.el7.tnt' to get a dist tag on the
>>>  rpms. In epel/centos 8 this does not work.
>>>
>>>  Does anyone know how to apply a dist tag in the epel-8 mock configs?
>
> config_opts['macros']['%dist'] = '.gf.el8'
>
> ...works for me without any further changes:
> http://mirror.ghettoforge.org/distributions/gf/el/8/gf/x86_64/
>
>>>  Is mock documented anywhere besides the src code? I cannot find any
>>>  documentation that explains what actually needs to be in a mock
>>>  configuration file or in this case how to specify my own dist tag.
>
> /etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg documents all of the possible config settings,
> then there is:
>
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/wiki
>
>>  It seems that the OpenSUSE mock configs[1] use the same syntax.  I wonder
>>  if you need to invoke mock in a specific way to not override the macro?
>
> Not that I have been able to tell.  Setting the dist macro has always just
> worked for me.

In looking at the centos-release.spec I found the following:
%define dist .el%{dist_release_version}
Apparently this overrides the dist tag set in mock. At least that explains why
the dist tag macro was working for me in el7 but not el8. Commenting out that
line in the spec file fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org