[CentOS] 8.2.2004 Latest yum update renders machine unbootable

Sun Aug 2 14:16:25 UTC 2020
david <david at daku.org>

><snip>

> >> Yes .. it should be on mirror.centos.org now .. you could change the
> >> repo where your updates come from.  OR .. wait for that mirror to get
> >> updated.
> >

> > I just did
> > yum clean all
> > yum update
> >
> > and 15-8 showed up.  Maybe the 'clean all'
> did it, or maybe just showed up.
> >
> > I applied the update (yum update), rebooted and...
> > no boot.  Just a blank screen.
> >
> > Hardware is a Mac-Mini :-(
> >
> > This is not an essential machine, so I could re-install (from
> > netinstall) if you think it's worth the effort.
> >
> > Or what?
> >
> > David
>
>You just need to reinstall the kernel and it should work.

Sorry for being so ignorant, but I don't
understand "just reinstall the kernel".  I don't
know how to translate that into a specific yum or rpm command.

However, since this is a crash-and-burn system,
I'm going back to a virgin install with
netinstall of 7 2003.  I'll let you know what the results are.

David