[CentOS] Fixing grub/shim issue Centos 7

Tue Aug 4 06:45:53 UTC 2020
Marc Balmer <marc at msys.ch>

> Am 04.08.2020 um 08:31 schrieb lpeci <lpeci at roa.es>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I had the same problem with my UEFI bios machine and I fixed it so for Centos 7:
>
> 1) Boot from an rescue linux usb
>
> 2) When the rescue system is running:
>
>     2.1) #chroot /mnt/sysimage
>
> 3) Config network:
>
>     3.1) # ip addr add X.X.X.X/X dev X
>
>     3.2) # ip route add default via X.X.X.X    <--- default router
>
> 4) And finally:
>
>     #yum downgrade shim\* grub2\* mokutil

As there are updated and working packages available now, downgrading is no longer needed, another update will also work.

# yum makecache
# yum upgrade

You should see a shim-x64 package with version 15.8 which is the working version (15.7 caused the problem)