[CentOS] Fixing grub/shim issue Centos 7

Thu Aug 6 15:37:06 UTC 2020
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 03:57:56PM +0200, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 04/08/2020 à 08:31, lpeci a écrit :
> > I had the same problem with my UEFI bios machine and I fixed it so for Centos 7:

While this worked for me, it might not work for you...

My "solution" was to boot the previous kernel, which came up just fine,
yum remove kernel.xx.yy.zz
yum install kernel.xx.yy.zz

which rebuilds the initrd, and voila!

Fred