[CentOS] Fixing grub/shim issue Centos 7

Fri Aug 7 13:46:13 UTC 2020
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 at 09:15, Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com> said:
> > you are right but is not UEFI a standard and it shouldn't work the
> > same on several vendors? I ask this because this patch broken all my
> > uefi workstations.
>
> The great thing about standards is there's so many to choose from!  Also
> relevant: https://xkcd.com/927/
>
> UEFI has gone through a number of revisions over the years, and has
> optional bits like Secure Boot (which itself has gone through
> revisions).  Almost any set of standards has undefined corners where
> vendors interpret things differently.  Vendors also have bugs in weird
> places sometimes.

I go with the lines from Pirates of the Carribean movie.. it is less
of a rigid code and more a set of guidelines. Computer programmers are
a surly lot, and most take any MUST/SHALL in a standard a personal
challenge on how to make it pass a test but do so in an interesting
way.