[CentOS] C8 - Register with Red Hat

Mon Aug 17 23:25:36 UTC 2020
Orion Poplawski <orion at nwra.com>

On 8/17/20 4:49 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:03:24 -0500
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
>
>> I downloaded a Centos 8 image file :
>>
>> CentOS-8.1.1911-x86_64-dvd1.iso
>>
>> then I installed it as a kvm guest on a Centos 7 host machine.
>>
>> I installed a lot of the software; gui and server to give it a test drive.
>>
>> Nothing unusual about what I did  that I can identify.
>
> And the message came up when you.... what?  What action do you take immediately prior to
> this message appearing?
>
> The message appears on the desktop?  Login screen?  When you open a terminal window?
>
> I have cleaned up a lot of stuff on my C8 machines that I don't need, but on my main
> computer (this one) "rpm -qa | grep subscription" gives me no output, so you might want to
> "dnf remove *subscription* and see what happens.
> What appears is below.
>
> Greg
>
> [root at Post ~]# dnf remove *subscription*

You should be able to remove everything except for:

subscription-manager-rhsm-certificates-1.26.17-1.el8_2.x86_64
python3-subscription-manager-rhsm-1.26.17-1.el8_2.x86_64

if you want to keep the hard dependencies (virt-who, abrt-*).  You can
add --noautoremove to avoid removing much of the other stuff.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/