[CentOS] question centos stream 8 applying updates

Sat Dec 12 12:40:41 UTC 2020
Gionatan Danti <g.danti at assyoma.it>

Il 2020-12-11 23:53 Pete Biggs ha scritto:
> Somewhere in amongst the vast number of posts, someone said that the
> release cadence for point releases was 6 months with the final release
> being 8.10 in 2024. After that RHEL 8 goes into maintenance mode and
> there will be no more content added to 8-stream (because it had reached
> the end of it's useful life as a pre point release distro).

 From what I can read here [1], the latest 8.10 release (due in 2024)
will be supported for other 5 years, bringing RHEL 8 to the 10 years
total support we know.

So the question is: will Stream-8 follow the same support cycle? Or any
Extended life cycle support patch to the RHEL 8.10 release will be
considered private?

This is a very important question and I sincerely hope someone can
answer.
Thanks.

[1] https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata

--