[CentOS] CentOS Stream from bottom works, what is this?

Leon Fauster

leonfauster at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:59:54 UTC 2020

Am 10.12.20 um 18:02 schrieb Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393)
Washington DC (USA) via CentOS:
>> On Dec 10, 2020, at 11:50 AM, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
>>
>> So if I understand this correctly, centos8 + will basically be a rolling release
>> and we will never know what we are really running. Is this correct?
>
> That's my understanding, iff you automatically install all CentOS stream updates the moment they become available.  But I still don't see why nearly no one is going for the idea that there be some way (ideally automated) to tag all the packages at the point of the RedHat release, and install only those from Stream once the RHEL release is ready?

Evaluating all the fragmented informations (another topic; communication
to community) I get the impression that CXStream will never have a state
that reflects RHEL point releases (not 100%). Why? Well CVE are one
reason and another will be the different parts that are moving
differently forward and the late parts (CVE coming after RHEL release)
and so on ...

--
Leon