[CentOS] CentOS Stream from bottom works, what is this?

Leon Fauster

leonfauster at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:07:04 UTC 2020

Am 10.12.20 um 18:09 schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 05:02:17PM +0000, Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS wrote:
>> That's my understanding, iff you automatically install all CentOS stream
>> updates the moment they become available. But I still don't see why nearly
>> no one is going for the idea that there be some way (ideally automated) to
>> tag all the packages at the point of the RedHat release, and install only
>> those from Stream once the RHEL release is ready?
>
> Yeah, I have some sysadmin friends already working on exactly this for their
> deployment in a large-scale academic setting.

Will we know that point in time everytime before releasing? Because on
release day the Stream repo is already a step forward. Albeit when this
works then the situation are more worse then with CentOS Linux release
work and the time shift compared to RHEL release. Why? Because 6 month
updates are accumulated and not installed? Even cherry-picking is crazy.
The audience here needs something different - but this was already
stated elsewhere!

--
Leon