[CentOS] CentOS 8 future

Tue Dec 15 17:24:03 UTC 2020
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020, 11:06 AM Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

> I don't think there will be a course change either, but for different
> reasons. The motivation isn't "cashing/selling out". It's... actually the
> stated motivation
> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/faq-centos-stream-updates#Q2
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

I know you and other RHEL folks keep saying this about cashing out etc, but
they could have kept stream and Centos stable at the same time but chose
not to. Ya know, if it walks like a duck and quacks as a duck...who knows
maybe this goes down as one of the best decisions ever for RH but I think
its going to hurt them in more ways then they ever thought about.