[CentOS] CentOS 8 future

Fri Dec 18 13:12:26 UTC 2020
Konstantin Boyandin <lists at boyandin.info>

On 18.12.2020 14:46, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 12/17/20 5:54 PM, Konstantin Boyandin via CentOS wrote:
>> It's purely a developer's distro.
>
> Has Chris Wright ever recommended CentOS for any purpose other than
> development and testing?

Will a Red Hat CTO, in his right mind, ever recommend a free clone of
RHEL for any purpose other than  development and testing?

>> Shall I explain difference between a
>> developer's distro and the one suitable for production servers (a
>> rhetoric question)?
>
> How did you imagine you would look when you asked a CentOS maintainer if
> he understands the importance of the thing he's been doing for 17 years?

That's completely unrelated to my statements.

Please do worry about your own look. Thanks.

--
Sincerely,

Konstantin Boyandin
system administrator (ProWide Labs Ltd. - IPHost Network Monitor)