[CentOS] CentOS 8 future

Fri Dec 18 18:14:43 UTC 2020
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 08:12:26AM -0500, Konstantin Boyandin via CentOS wrote:
> >> It's purely a developer's distro.
> > Has Chris Wright ever recommended CentOS for any purpose other than
> > development and testing?
> Will a Red Hat CTO, in his right mind, ever recommend a free clone of
> RHEL for any purpose other than  development and testing?

Right... he's not "lying", he just has a different audience.

Red Hat has definitely never ever said in any official way that CentOS Linux
is acceptable for production uses. And that's not going to change with
CentOS Stream.

You should see people's heads spin around like a scene from a horror movie
when I suggest that people actually do run Fedora operating systems in
production!

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>