[CentOS] Disk choice for workstation ?

Sat Dec 26 20:50:41 UTC 2020
Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt>

Oops, sorry, you asked for disk choice.

Choose different vendor, same size for data... Why? Different time before
failure. Also, if you are ok on 'tweaking' firmware, maybe go for green and
disable head parking if you use them 27/7.

Also, double check temp which it can work at, and check where it will be
standing? Under and behind a table?

Keep in mind, some ssd might have higher temp then spindle disk, that would
assume you would think on extra fan, but extra fan would have same sound
effect as spindle drive... Especially if cheap fans used ;)

So... Hope this helps ;)