[CentOS] Debug information packages for 8.3 missing?

Fri Dec 11 19:21:38 UTC 2020
Ulf Volmer <u.volmer at u-v.de>

On 11.12.20 19:44, Oliver Freyermuth via CentOS wrote:
> Am 11.12.20 um 18:55 schrieb Ulf Volmer:
>> On 08.12.20 23:02, Oliver Freyermuth via CentOS wrote:
>>
>>> after the upgrade from 8.2 to 8.3 one of the applications we use has
>>> unclear Kerberos authentication issues.
>>
>> I can't tell anything regarding the debuginfo package, but I can point
>> you into the direction, that DES support is dropped in release 8.3.
>> Maybe this is the root cause of you issues.
>
> Thanks for the pointer!
> Sadly, the only message the application gives is a "kvno mismatch",
> it would likely be helpful to get the actual underlying error by
> stepping into the library with gdb (the application we use eats the
> error message :-( ),

kvno is usally that your local ticket number did not match the version
on the kerberos master. But I don't know how the encryption type can
trigger this behavior.

> since we don't operate the KDC but only the clients and want to provide
> a clear bug report (I also suspect this might be DES or 3DES related,
> though...).

It is difficult, if you don't operate the KDC. I would start with
manually get a ticket and provide the output of "klist -e" and "klist
-t" to the KDC operators.

Best regards
Ulf

I only know how to find