[CentOS] Debug information packages for 8.3 missing?

Sat Dec 12 03:21:08 UTC 2020
Oliver Freyermuth <o.freyermuth at googlemail.com>

Am 11.12.20 um 20:21 schrieb Ulf Volmer:
> On 11.12.20 19:44, Oliver Freyermuth via CentOS wrote:

>>> I can't tell anything regarding the debuginfo package, but I can point
>>> you into the direction, that DES support is dropped in release 8.3.
>>> Maybe this is the root cause of you issues.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer!
>> Sadly, the only message the application gives is a "kvno mismatch",
>> it would likely be helpful to get the actual underlying error by
>> stepping into the library with gdb (the application we use eats the
>> error message :-( ),
>
> kvno is usally that your local ticket number did not match the version
> on the kerberos master. But I don't know how the encryption type can
> trigger this behavior.

I could imagine something ugly like the (3)DES removal causing invisibility
of some entries in the keytab, and then a problem arising when there is no matching kvno locally.
Since our client application eats the underlying error, it's hard to debug.

>> since we don't operate the KDC but only the clients and want to provide
>> a clear bug report (I also suspect this might be DES or 3DES related,
>> though...).
>
> It is difficult, if you don't operate the KDC. I would start with
> manually get a ticket and provide the output of "klist -e" and "klist
> -t" to the KDC operators.

Did that, thanks. Since they are already in holidays, this will likely take 'till next year,
but maybe we'll also get debug symbols by then. Let's hope for the best :-).

Cheers and thanks,
	Oliver