[CentOS] I'm looking forward to the future of CentOS Stream

Sun Dec 13 20:02:38 UTC 2020
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 11:56:05AM -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> Your memory is still rusty.  Early accusations were that this would impact
> developers (such as Oracle) who were adding additional patches to the
> kernel, or other maintenance.  It never impacted "clones" like CentOS at
> all.

And you're incorrect; CentOS publishes a centosplus kernel that was
impacted to some extent by the kernel tarball changes I believe.

There are no absolutes in life, saying "never impacted" is almost surely
untrue for at least one group of people.

							John
--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to