[CentOS] From network-scripts to NetworkManager on a router : questions

Tue Feb 18 11:28:47 UTC 2020
Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net>

On 18/02/2020 12:00, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

> I'm using NetworkManager TUI (nmtui) to configure my connections. I'm
> defining two profiles WAN (enp1s0) and LAN (enp2s0). With NetworkManager
> I have to configure gateway and DNS information on a per-interface basis.
>
> 1. Which interface should have the gateway information ?

The WAN interface.

> 2. In a similar manner, which interface should have the DNS server
> information ?

Neither. The DNS configuration should not normally be bound to a
specific interface, so don't configure it with any interface. If you do,
and that interface goes down, your DNS config also disappears.

Regards,
Anand