[CentOS] From network-scripts to NetworkManager on a router : questions

Tue Feb 18 15:37:29 UTC 2020
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 18/02/2020 à 12:28, Anand Buddhdev a écrit :
> Neither. The DNS configuration should not normally be bound to a
> specific interface, so don't configure it with any interface. If you do,
> and that interface goes down, your DNS config also disappears.

I would like to do that very much, only NetworkManager makes you jump through
burning loops to do so.

With network-scripts, it was just a matter of editing resolv.conf with
nameserver and search domain directives.

I can't do that anymore, because /etc/resolv.conf gets squashed by
NetworkManager. If I don't fill in DNS information for the interfaces, then all
I get is an empty "#Generated by NetworkManager" line.

On the other hand, using nmtui, the only place where I can actually fill in DNS
information is in the interface-specific dialogs.

After googling around for this problem, it looks like I'm not the only one
scratching my head.

Any suggestions ?

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat