[CentOS] migrating from sendmail to postfix, centos 6 to centos 8

Thu Jun 4 01:00:23 UTC 2020
Chuck Campbell <campbell at accelinc.com>

I have an email server/aggregator which delivers locally for root, and
all other emails in my domain. It sends outbound email to my isp
(networksolutins) masquerading as my domain via smtp. This is with sendmail.

It does not receive email from the internet via smtp. I use fetchmail to
get incoming mail from multiple email/isp's. I use procmail for local
delivery and serve emails using dovecot/imap. These all work fine.

I am getting new hardware for this machine, and plan to setup centos 8,
which uses postfix, not sendmail. I've been trying to provision a vm
with the proper configuration, but cannot get any emails delivered to root.

Is there a pointer to a configuration guide that will help me do what I
want? I have googled about 100 setups, none of which are what I'm trying
to achieve. They all suggest using an alias for root to a normal user,
but them that user gets all of the cron, fail2ban, etc emails, instead
of delivering them to root on the local machine.

Thanks,

-chuck