[CentOS] Logitech webcam for use with CentOS 7

Mon Jun 8 00:45:30 UTC 2020
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

I am thinking of buying a Logitech C920S Pro HD or C922 webcam for the necessary video
conferencing.

Is anyone using that with Zoom or perhaps with Jitsi? Do I need drivers? Any issues?

Thank you.

_________________

H,

I am running several desktop units with Centos 7.8 with a Logitech Brio. I was able to make
it work with Cheese,  but not with Zoom.   I just happened across a serendipitous fix when
I found that installing 'kamoso' caused Zoom to work.  The  Zoom I had been using was
before  7.1.  Zoom just enhanced their product to 7.1, and I installed it today.  Zoom has
continued to work.   I had to install 'kamoso'  to get Zoom to work initially on all of the
Centos 7.8 desktop units.  It  works exceptionally well with the rpm that that Zoom
provides for Centos 7.

Hope this helps.

Greg Ennis