[CentOS] Logitech webcam for use with CentOS 7

Fri Jun 5 21:12:20 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 05/06/2020 22:09, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> On 6/4/20 1:29 AM, H wrote:
>> I am thinking of buying a Logitech C920S Pro HD or C922 webcam for the
>> necessary video conferencing.
>>
>> Is anyone using that with Zoom or perhaps with Jitsi? Do I need
>> drivers? Any issues?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> I have an HD Pro C920, works great under centos 7 out of the box.
> According to my coworkers image quality and microphone are both great.
> I use it with jitsi and other software, no problems.

I have myself a Logitech, Inc. HD Pro Webcam C920 that I used on CentOS
6, 7 and now 8/Stream, for ~7years, and it still works great.
Detected as normal video device, so available everywhere , also used it
in google hangout/meet, bluejeans, zoom,  jitsi, etc

My only issue is that sound isn't that great, and I have video meetings
multiple times a week, so I have also a usb microphone, on a desk stand,
that I use for sound input : better sound quality during meetings

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab