[CentOS] Accounting package recommendations

Tue Jun 9 20:05:36 UTC 2020
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 09:36:49AM -0800, Fred Erickson wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 10:26:46 -0700
> "Hugh E Cruickshank" <hugh at forsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > From: Rudi Ahlers Sent: June 9, 2020 10:22
> > >
> > > I am looking for an offline accounting package recommendation,
> > > please. I enjoyed using Xero accounting, but need something that's
> > > offline, and where the data remains my property. Having used
> > > Quickbooks on Windows in the past, I am looking for something
> > > similar.
> >
> > GnuCash has been working fine for me for several years.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Regards, Hugh
> >
> +1 for GnuCash
> Fred

Yeah, GNUCash is a good accounting tool. my wife uses it for our personal
fnances, investment accounts, etc.

however, it is a double-entry accounting system (like professional
accounts  use, whether electronic or on paper), and may require
you to commit some effort to learn the ins and outs thereof.

Fred
(Not the same Fred as above)

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."