[CentOS] Borgbackup question

Sun Mar 1 19:00:34 UTC 2020
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 3/1/20 12:40 AM, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> borgbackup is a very interesting backup tool with a lot of features.
> It is ready for "production" or I should expect some bad surprise?

I don't know the answer to that, but to me that implies two questions:
1) Are there failure conditions that it doesn't handle, especially with
an interrupted backup, and 2) Does it perform poorly under any specific
circumstances.  If anyone has experience with those questions, or is
familiar enough with the implementation to explain why those should not
be an issue, I'd be interested in their input as well.

I use borgbackup for several laptops backing up to a local file server
with sshfs, and that's been good so far.