[CentOS] Adobe digital editions?

Wed May 27 12:15:23 UTC 2020
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

Are the books epub type files?  If so, you can install fbreader from epel.

gollum.deepsoft.com% file /scratch/FBooks/*
/scratch/FBooks/Autonomous.epub:          EPUB ebook data Zip archive data, at
least v1.0 to extract
/scratch/FBooks/Deathstalker.epub:        EPUB ebook data Zip archive data, at
least v1.0 to extract
/scratch/FBooks/TheCalculatingStars.epub: EPUB ebook data Zip archive data, at
least v1.0 to extract

> I had it installed, running under WINE on CentOS 6. Bought a ebook, it
> insisted it needed ADE, I d/l from the sellers site... setup.exe won't
> run. Tried d/l 4.5 and 3 from Adobe, neither installer works,
>
> The one from their website: file setup.exe
> setup.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, Nullsoft
> Installer self-extracting archive
>
> Anyone run into this yet? I have books I *bought*, and I want them....
>
> 	mark

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364