[CentOS] How to Load Custom CentOS 7 Image

Thu May 14 19:47:08 UTC 2020
Xinhuan Zheng <xzheng at christianbook.com>

Dear All,

I want to create a CentOS 7 VMWARE VM. I need to install various Runtime libraries, e.g., Tomcat, into the VM. Once all looks good, then I want to make a Custom Image of the entire VM. Later I want to load this Custom Image to a physical HW, so that I don’t need to go through all kinds Runtime installation. Does anyone know how to handle creating a Custom Image and Load to physical HW process? How does boot loader work when VM vs Physical HW has different devices?

Thank you,

- Xinhuan