[CentOS] How to Load Custom CentOS 7 Image

Thu May 14 21:35:05 UTC 2020
Earl Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 19:47 +0000, Xinhuan Zheng wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to create a CentOS 7 VMWARE VM. I need to install various
> Runtime libraries, e.g., Tomcat, into the VM. Once all looks good,
> then I want to make a Custom Image of the entire VM. Later I want to
> load this Custom Image to a physical HW, so that I don’t need to go
> through all kinds Runtime installation. Does anyone know how to
> handle creating a Custom Image and Load to physical HW process? How
> does boot loader work when VM vs Physical HW has different devices?

I created a custom ISO a couple of years ago [0], you can use it as
your base of one of the following links[1-4], should be sufficient to
get you started.

[0] https://github.com/EarlRamirez/snipeit_iso
[1] https://gist.github.com/vkanevska/fd624f708cde7d7c172a576b10bc6966
[2]