[CentOS] perl Net::Interface module on CentOS 8

Sun May 3 21:01:13 UTC 2020

On May 3, 2020, at 14:34, sthustfo <sthustfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have received a perl program that makes use of "Net::Interface" module
> which I am trying to run on CentOS 8. However, running into issues as this
> module is not found.
>
> use Net::Interface;
>
> I could use cpan to install the same, but currently using the rpm packages
> for all the needs. Any idea which rpm package provides this perl module?

There are no CentOS 8packages that provide that Perl module, I don’t see packages in C7 either (nor in EPEL).

I suggest packaging them yourself. The rpm-build package has an rpmdev-newspec command that can take a -t perl argument to create a spec file from a template for a perk module. So `rpmdev-newspec -t perl perl-Net-Interface`

--
Jonathan Billings