[CentOS] perl Net::Interface module on CentOS 8

Mon May 4 09:14:34 UTC 2020
Werf, C.G. van der (Carel) <C.G.vanderWerf at uu.nl>

Wasn't this renamed to :

perl-IO-Interface (in centos7)

??

Carel van der Werf

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS <centos-bounces at centos.org> On Behalf Of Jonathan Billings
Sent: Sunday, 3 May, 2020 23:01
To: CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
Subject: Re: [CentOS] perl Net::Interface module on CentOS 8

On May 3, 2020, at 14:34, sthustfo <sthustfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have received a perl program that makes use of "Net::Interface"
> module which I am trying to run on CentOS 8. However, running into
> issues as this module is not found.
>
> use Net::Interface;
>
> I could use cpan to install the same, but currently using the rpm
> packages for all the needs. Any idea which rpm package provides this perl module?

There are no CentOS 8packages that provide that Perl module, I don’t see packages in C7 either (nor in EPEL).

I suggest packaging them yourself. The rpm-build package has an rpmdev-newspec command that can take a -t perl argument to create a spec file from a template for a perk module. So `rpmdev-newspec -t perl perl-Net-Interface`

--
Jonathan Billings