[CentOS] libQt5Core.so ver 5.12

Fri May 8 13:53:23 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 04:33:25PM -0400, cristiantorres110 at hotmail.com wrote:
> For the last few days, 'dnf upgrade' on my Centos 8 installation has
> been showing problems saying that it cannot install the best update
> candidates for packages (kf5-*) because nothing provides
> libQtCore.so.5(Qt_5.12). My system shows that it presently has
> libQtCore.so.5(Qt_5.11). I've been keeping the system up to date using
> the --nobest option in dnf.
>
> I could download 'libqt5-core-5.12.8-alt3.x86_64.rpm ' from here and
> install it but I haven't dared to try.
>
> Is there an expectation for when version Qt_5.12 will be in the
> official repos?

I suspect you're relying on packages built in EPEL (or some other
repo) against the packages in RHEL 8.2, which has qt5 packages
versioned 5.12.  CentOS 8 currently has 5.11, but I can see in the
spec file in CentOS Git
(https://git.centos.org/rpms/qt5-qtbase/blob/c8/f/SPECS/qt5-qtbase.spec)
that the version will be 5.12 as soon as CentOS 8.2.xxxx is released.