[CentOS] Zoom....

Sat May 9 20:58:15 UTC 2020
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 2020-05-09 16:20, Barry Brimer wrote:
>>   Updated CentOS 7 the other day. Updated zoom last night. Ancient (15
>> yr old) USB camera, Logitech QuickCam Express. (There are zero available newer, that I could get before June.)
>>
>>   If I run LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libv4l/v4l2convert.so cheese, I get
>> video. Zoom, with or without the LD_PRELOAD - no video. I've tried
>> stracing zoom, and created a file /etc/ld.so.preload, with the
>> contents of /usr/lib64/libv4l/v4l2convert.so, and in strace, I see it
>
> I assume you're using the Zoom Linux client since you updated Zoom.
> Thinking out loud .. I wonder what would happen if you:

> Booted a CentOS 7.6 kernel keeping all else the same

It didn't work with 6.x. I rebuilt the beginning of April to CentOS 7.
Didn't work, until I got rid of the default gspca_spca561, and used the
gspca_spca508. Updated the beginning of this week, and didn't work until
I went back to gspca_spca561.

Works 100% of the time with cheese, when I add that preload.

> Booted from a variety of CentOS / Fedora Live CD images to see what
> kernels do / don't work if it's even kernel related
>
> Try using Zoom via Chrome which can do pretty much everything natively
> without Zoom extension

I was really, really trying to avoid installing chrome.

> Try using Zoom via Chrome with Zoom extension
>
> Try using Zoom via Firefox with Zoom extension (Zoom with Firefox
> without Zoom extension is very limited)

Been trying to join a test meeting in firefox, and it opens a new tab,
and demands that I use the app.

> Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying.... I may have to try chrome (really didn't want
google scanning what I do to sell it.

	mark