[CentOS] yum update security updates only

Sat Nov 14 00:08:20 UTC 2020

On Nov 13, 2020, at 19:01, Eric Chennells <eric.chennells at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Interesting thank you I didn't realize that.  It used to be supported I
> believe, and there is a lot of out of date 3rd party documentation floating
> around google that suggests it does.
>
> Well it's just that many enterprises have policies which state that only
> security updates should be installed, which I suspect is exactly why that
> feature is no longer supported..

I don’t believe CentOS has ever supported it in any of the supported releases, although repos like EPEL do provide security metadata.

RHEL supports the security flag to yum update, because they curate their repo metadata with that data, but it isn’t available to CentOS users.