[CentOS] Best practice preparing for disk restoring system

Tue Nov 17 04:02:36 UTC 2020
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

Short of backing up entire disks using dd, I'd like to collect all required information to make sure I can restore partitions, disk information, UUIDs and anything else required in the event of losing a disk.

So far I am collecting information from:
- fdisk -l
- blkid
- lsblk
- grub2-efi.cfg
- grub
- fstab

Hoping that this would supply me with /all/ information to restore a system - with the exception of installed operating system, apps and data.

I would appreciate any and all thoughts on the above!