[CentOS] crontab query

Thu Nov 12 21:38:05 UTC 2020
Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us>

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 03:59:09PM +0100, Ralf Prengel wrote:
> Hallo,
> doesn t it make more sense to start the script every hour and check all conditions in the script?
> Ralf
>
> Von meinem iPad gesendet

I prefer to develop the script standalone.  The date/time restriction can be added
in crontab or a separate script that does the date/time validation and calls the
standalone script.

If the date/time checks are added to the script, I recommend adding an option
to override the checks and forces execution of the script when needed.

Jon