[CentOS] Intel RST RAID 1, partition tables and UUIDs

Mon Nov 16 18:23:19 UTC 2020

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 07:49:09PM -0500, H wrote:

> I have been having some problems with hardware RAID 1 on the
> motherboard that I am running CentOS 7 on. After a BIOS upgrade of
> the system, I lost the RAID 1 setup and was no longer able to boot
> the system.

The Intel RST RAID (aka Intel Matrix RAID) is also known as a
fakeraid.  It isn't a hardware RAID, but instead a software RAID that
has a fancy BIOS interface.  I believe that the mdadm tool can examine
the RAID settings, and you can look at /proc/mdstat to see its status,
although from what I remember from previous posts, it's better to just
let the BIOS think it's a JBOD and use the linux software RAID tools
directly.