[CentOS] Mail server troubles

Fri Oct 9 19:47:05 UTC 2020

On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 02:23:20PM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Not for my users, thank you. My authenticated users send whatever they want
> without any filtering, scoring, scanning for virii (that is Latin plural for
> virus).

It might interest you to know that the plural for 'virus' is
'viruses'.  The latin word it was derived from was a neuter term, so
you might say 'vira', but since it was derived from what meant
'poison' (like the word virulent) there wasn't really a plural used.
Also, the Romans hadn't figured out Germ Theory yet so they didn't
know it was composed of multiple small entities.  Also, the word
'Viri' is the plural of the masculine word 'Vir' for 'Male human', so
it is confusing. ('vir' used in the words 'triumvir' or 'virile' /
'virility')

Chuck 'virii' in the bin with words like 'octopi'.