[CentOS] Firefox 78 under CentOS 6 -- no sound?

Sun Oct 18 03:26:50 UTC 2020
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 10/17/20 3:38 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> I did a yum update on my CentOS 6 laptop and it upgraded Firefox to 78, and
> FF stopped seeing my mic and speakers.  Is there some magic I need to do?  As
> a short term (?) fix, I downgraded back to Firefox 68.  My system is otherwise
> up-to-date.

I'm seeing the same problem (I'm not using any mic) on several CentOS 6 systems.
I posted about it here back on Sept. 29.
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2020-September/351667.html

Downgrading, and excluding the 78.3.0-1 from yum is my workaround.

                 Do NOT delete it.