[CentOS] ansible: which repo?

Sun Sep 6 10:22:24 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 03/09/2020 20:51, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:

> What would you recommend: ansible is in EPEL8 and ConfigSIG.
> For the latter I do not see any sources in git.centos.org.
> Where they come from?
>
> I wonder with which repository I should use (long term)?
>
> dnf not checking gpg signature sounds scary:
>
> https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/v2.9.13/changelogs/CHANGELOG-v2.9.rst#security-fixes

Hi Leon,

For ConfigManagement SIG, I use directly upstream src.rpm (available on
https://releases.ansible.com/ansible/). and 2.9.13 was rebuilt directly
on the day it was announced
(https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=30563 and
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=30564) , quick sanity test
and then signed/pushed out to mirror.centos.org (and so external mirrors
too, as usual)

With the upcoming changes for 2.10 and Ansible deciding to not provide
pkgs anymore, I guess I'll rebase on good work done by Kevin (ansible
pkg maintainer in Fedora/Epel) but probably trying to track various
branches (like we do for 2.7/2.8/2.9 for people deciding to stay on a
branch/version as long as it's supported upstream)

See blog post about the switch:
https://anonbadger.wordpress.com/2020/08/25/why-upstream-ansible-stopped-shipping-rpms/

--
Fabian Arrotin