[CentOS] "Not using downloaded epel/repomd.xml"

Sun Sep 13 12:12:15 UTC 2020
me at tdiehl.org <me at tdiehl.org>

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm regularly getting spammed by my own servers, with the following message:
>
> /etc/cron.hourly/0yum-hourly.cron:
>
> Not using downloaded epel/repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
>  Current   : Sat Sep 12 19:05:04 2020
>  Downloaded: Thu Sep 10 19:12:19 2020
>
> How can I make this nonsense stop?

I too see this regularly. yum clean metadata stops it for a while. I am not
sure if it is a problem with the way epel metadata is generated or just out
of date mirrors. I occasionally see it with other repos but it happens with
epel far more frequently. I have considered adding cron jobs to clean the
metadata every so often but so far I just put up with it.

You might want to ask on the epel list.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org