[CentOS] Chromium 85 does not load any pages

Wed Sep 23 12:28:59 UTC 2020
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> I just upgraded chromium on my CentOS 7 system and ended up with nothing
> not seem to be an older version on my system, nor does EPEL seem to have
> version 84 which is what I ran before.
>
> First, does anyone know why chromium 85 does not load /anything/? Firefox
> runs fine.

Do you run chromium locally or remote? I've seen the same behavior but
we're running on remote desktops which means we have to 3D support. Once
in the past this was a problem with chromium so I thought maybe it's the
same now.

> Second, why is chromium 84 not available in EPEL?

EPEL doesn't provide old versions, they are removed when a new release
comes in. You can get the older chromium here:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/chromium/84.0.4147.89/1.el7/x86_64/chromium-84.0.4147.89-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/chromium/84.0.4147.89/1.el7/x86_64/chromium-common-84.0.4147.89-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Regards,
Simon