[CentOS] Problem with chromium 89.0.4389.82

Sun Apr 4 14:19:34 UTC 2021
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

I am running CentOS 7 and just updated chromium to version 89.0.4389.82 from EPEL.

Although this version was released a few weeks ago, I had had the previous version of chromium (88.0.4324.150) running for several weeks but it crashed and the new version was then loaded.

The older version worked fine but this new one refuses to load certain, ie most, websites that the old version did not have a problem with - it is jus stuck waiting for the domain in question. Further, the version of Firefox I also have installed loads all of them without any problems which suggests there is not a problem with those sites, the DNS resolution, nor with my system apart from chromium.

Rpm does not allow me to downgrade to the previous version and cannot find the previous version. I remember having a similar problem loading websites at least a year ago which, if I remember correctly, was due to some bug in chromium.

Does anyone have a similar problem?