[CentOS] almalinux?

Tue Apr 6 00:15:04 UTC 2021
Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com>

There used to be several RHEL clones too, but many (some??) have dropped by
the wayside. I started with TaoLinux, a rebuild of EL6, by basically one
guy at a university, because he wanted his own RHEL clone to run at work.
when he changed jobs he worked with Johnny to come up with a transition for
Taolinux users to turn their systems into CentOS systems. As I understand
it, also, Scientific Linux has quit and urges its users to go to Centos (or
did, before the big hullabaloo in the CentOS world). there was also
Whitebox LInux, but I don't know what ever became of it.

So, hopefully those doing rebuilds of 8 will also eventually coalesce into
a smaller number, hopefully 1.

Fred