[CentOS] Binutils-2.30-98.el8.aarch64 broken on raspberry Pi4

Wed Apr 7 14:57:55 UTC 2021
Maurice Smulders <Maurice.Smulders at windtalker.com>

Johnny,

I can confirm that it fixes the issue, test code runs Ok!

Maurice

Maurice Smulders  |  Operating System Software Engineer
https://windtalker.com   |  C: xxx.xxx.xxxx

On 4/7/21, 8:29 AM, "CentOS on behalf of Johnny Hughes" <centos-bounces at centos.org on behalf of johnny at centos.org> wrote:

    On 4/5/21 6:47 PM, Maurice Smulders wrote:
    > The recent update of binutils/binutils-devel on aarch64 totally breaks gcc. When running gcc over a simple program with main - executing it results in a SIGSEGV, as the _start prologue calls a NULL pointer.
    >
    > I haven't figured out yet how to build a new build using git.centos.org, but I noticed that there is a -99 variant out there...
    > -90 worked fine.
    >
    > What's the quickest way to get this back to being operational?
    > The instructions to build a new package look to be a bit scattered - and how can I build a working one if any update picks up a borked one...
    >
    > Maurice

    We released the -99 build yesterday and we THINK it fixes this issue.