[CentOS] Proxmox Backup Server equivalent for the RHEL/CentOS world ?

Mon Apr 12 21:11:07 UTC 2021
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> said:
> Both PVE and PBS are based on Debian, and now I wonder if RHEL-based systems
> have something similar to offer.

I believe Red Hat Virtualization, and its open upstream oVirt, are
comparable to Proxmox.  I have used oVirt for a number of years.  oVirt
itself doesn't include backup software (it supports VM snapshots and
clones), but there are several third-party backup tools (both free and
commercial) compatible with oVirt/RHV, like Storeware's vProtect (I
haven't used it but seen others mention it).

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>