[CentOS] Centos versions in the future?

Wed Apr 28 08:08:46 UTC 2021
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 28/4/2021 10:35 π.μ., Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> All that, in turn, are very much dependent on community involvement
> and project management & financing.

By the way, I think that CentOS, before it was "absorbed" by Redhat,
could/might have addressed the community for fund raising, rather than
abandoning the project to RH, which, as others have mentioned, was an
unmistakable sign of upcoming CentOS EOL as we had come to know it.

If the financing need was communicated correctly, I am very confident
that financing would have been secured, e.g. by using a public fund
raising platform, due to CentOS huge install base and community.

Any of those current (or future) projects that might prove successful
enough to become CentOS successor (as a RHEL binary twin, and not as
Stream), should use the community financing model, in order to avoid
CentOS fate.

My 0.01$ :)

Nick